The Xbox Game Pass membership service from Microsoft provides on-demand access to dozens of titles. It’s a wonderful deal if you enjoy playing and discovering new games, and now that it’s available on PC instead of only consoles, your subscription can follow you from your Xbox console to your Windows desktop.
However, the transition to Windows PCs has not been smooth. While an Xbox allows you to easily access your Game Pass directly from the home screen, finding Game Pass games on a PC is a different affair.
On PC, there are two ways to find Game Pass games. The first and simplest requires you to download a free app, but I believe it will be worthwhile. The second way does not involve any additional installations, but it is more difficult to discover compatible Game Pass games.
First, Obtain PC Game Pass
If you currently have a Game Pass Ultimate subscription, you already have access to PC Game Pass and can skip this step. Start here for everyone else.
You can subscribe to PC Game Pass for $9.99 per month or Game Pass Ultimate for $14.99 per month. The latter is Microsoft’s all-in-one subscription, which includes Xbox Live Gold for online multiplayer on consoles, Game Pass for Xbox One consoles, and PC Game Pass. If you’re a new subscriber, keep in mind that your first month of PC Game Pass is only $1.
Use the Xbox app to access Game Pass games on PC.
This is the simplest and most user-friendly way to find Game Pass games that will work on a PC.
- To begin, download the new Xbox software from the Microsoft Store for Windows 10 or 11. Go to the Microsoft Store and search for the Xbox app, or click here.
- Use your Microsoft account to log in. The user interface will be more opulent than that of the Microsoft Store. Even better, it reveals Game Pass games on the first screen you see, and, unlike the Store’s default view, everything displayed by the Xbox app can be played on PC.
After you’ve installed the games you wish to play, you may access them through the Xbox app or a shortcut generated during installation.
Below are some additional articles we’ve written about topics related to Xbox:
- How To Level Up Xbox Ambassador? Explain
- 10 Most Popular Xbox Games Of All Time: Check The Complete List!
Access Game Pass games on PC through the Microsoft Store.
All of the PC games that are currently available on Game Pass may be accessed in the Microsoft Store, which is installed by default on every Windows machine – no additional installation is required.
As previously stated, this is the little more perplexing technique for locating Game Pass games that function on PC. I recommend downloading the Xbox software mentioned above, but if you’re in a hurry and don’t want to bother with a download, this option will suffice.
- Open the Microsoft Store.
- On the Store homepage, click the menu button in the bottom-left corner of the window, then pick “Library” to see all of the apps you possess.
- You may then use the top filter to show only games, however this view doesn’t discriminate between paid games and ones obtained through GamePass.
- This view also includes titles that can only be played on the Xbox system. There is also no option to filter the screen to make Xbox One games disappear.
You can stay updated with Xbox by visiting digitalnewsexpert.com.