The television series Salvation is a suspenseful drama set in a science fiction universe. The show is centered on an invented storyline involving the discovery of an asteroid. Its premiere occurred in July of 2017, after being announced in 2013. The second season premiered in June 2018 after being renewed for a second run.
Salvation Season 3 Release Date
Many of you may be looking forward to the premiere of Season 3 of Salvation, however, CBS decided to discontinue the show on November 20, 2018, after only two seasons. There has been no news of a Season 3 of Salvation since then, so its release seems highly doubtful.
There are no plans to continue the show over its 26-episode run. The made-up asteroid’s tale ends here. It ended with the last episode of Salvation Season 2.
Salvation Previous Seasons Recap
To kick off the episode, the main character Liam Cole learns of an incoming asteroid and begins to take action to stop it. Billionaire physicist Darius Tanz, who later communicated with the United States Department of Defense secretary, was briefed by him. The government, he informed Darius, is aware of it and wants to keep it hidden.
The government has a plan to safeguard the asteroid, Darius was told, but neither he nor Liam had faith in it. Darius will stop at nothing until he figures out how to protect Earth from the asteroid. Liam went back to his hometown to see his love, but he ended up coming back to aid Darius instead.
Afterward, the series moves forth with the theme of developing a plan to stop the astronomical disaster. The plot then took several unexpected turns before the second season’s disclosure that the asteroid was actually something else entirely.
Those with a penchant for science fiction drama should definitely give Salvation a try. It did a great job of educating us on astronomical concepts and piqued the attention of the audience in matters of space exploration.
Salvation Season 3 Cast
Although the third season of Salvation is not currently in the works, if it were to happen, the show’s core cast would remain mostly the same. The actors and actresses who appear in Salvation are:
- Santiago Cabrera as Darius Tanz. In addition to being the CEO and creator of Tanzy Industries, Darius was also a billionaire scientist. The news that an asteroid was heading toward Earth shocked him, and he immediately set to work trying to figure out how to stop it.
- Jennifer Finnigan as Grace Barrows. She worked as the Pentagon Press office secretary. Harris Edwards, the U.S. Department of Defense’s Deputy Secretary, was involved in a tumultuous romance with her. Grace was also aware that the administration was dismissing the threat posed by the asteroid, ensuring the failure of their strategy. She assisted Darius in his efforts to find a solution to the asteroid crash after the government’s initial plan failed.
- Charlie Rowe as Liam Cole. MIT doctoral candidate Liam Cole made the discovery. His prediction that the asteroid will strike Earth was the only one made by anyone outside of the government. He shared what he knew about the asteroid with Darius, and the two of them collaborated on an electromagnetic drive to try to deflect the asteroid in a different direction.
- Jacqueline Byers as Jillian Hayes. Jillian, a Bostonian author, specialises in science fiction. After that, she helped Liam and Darius with their preparations.
- Ian Anthony Dale as Harris Edwards. He began his government career as the United States Department of Defense’s deputy secretary and rose through the ranks to become the department’s secretary. He had complete knowledge of the asteroid crash but decided to keep it a secret.
- Rachel Drance as Zoe Barrows. Zoe was the daughter of Grace.
- Shazi Raja as Amanda Neel. A journalist, she investigated the mystery surrounding Darius and Harris’s private lives. However, she was murdered shortly after making the discovery and never got the chance to publish her findings.
Salvation Season 3 Plot Speculation
The producers had no intentions to release the third season of Salvation, and the show ended after its initial two seasons. Season 3 of Salvation is not likely to premiere, but if the producers are inspired by the show’s popularity to produce more episodes, they will pick up right where they left off in Season 2.
The asteroid turned out to be something other than an asteroid towards the end of season two. That was the final scene of the episode. More information regarding the asteroid might be revealed in Season 3 of Salvation, but it would be unrealistic to produce an entire additional season only to show us that. Only if there is a brand new story about the dangers from space that Earth faces could there be a third season of Salvation.
Salvation Season 3 Trailer
There won’t be a Season 3 trailer for Salvation because the producers have decided against making it. Only if CBS orders a third season of Salvation will it be made public.
After the renewal, there are a number of hoops to jump through before the Salvation Season 3 Trailer can be unveiled.
Where To watch Salvation?
Netflix subscribers can currently watch the first two seasons of Salvation. Also, it’s available for purchase on Amazon Prime Video.